BOO! Hope I didn’t scare ya ;-D
This look was SUPER popular, so I definitely had to create a blog post for it 😀 Halloween is near and it has always been my favorite time of the year…. Although, I feel that I have become much more of a scaredy cat these days lol (no pun intended :D) But I do love Halloween because I get to play around with all kinds of different makeup looks! Here is my inspiration for this kitty cat makeup look:
She’s a cutie right??!
Anyway…I went to fright night in Vancouver last night, which is filled with haunted houses, monsters, and crazies! Of course, I was chased as usual! Never fails! This year, I don’t plan on going out for Halloween night…back when I lived in LA, I used to go out every single year but I feel as though creating these makeup looks at home with a glass or two of wine is just as fun for me 🙂
SO! I decided to go with a super blended black smokey eye for this look as it just seemed perfect. The liquid liner I placed on my bottom lash line definitely gives more of a dramatic cat eye effect. I also like to use this technique on any other makeup look to give it the eyes a bit more drama and an elongated effect.
Now before I go into my makeup details, I DO have to rave about The Kat Von D tattoo liner in “Trooper” Honestly, this eyeliner is AMAZING! If you don’t have it, I suggest going out right now and buying it! You will NOT be disappointed. This liner is perfect for anyone from a beginner to a pro. The tip of the brush is phenomenal…it allows for such precision and essentially creates the perfect line or wing effortlessly. I used the liner for my eye details as well as for the whiskers and dots on my face. I am planning to get the liner in brown as well because it would be perfect for day time.
- Murad invisi-blur primer, anti-aging treatment and SPF serum..amazing stuff!!! here
- Dr Brandt Pore no more on T zone (You can do either this one or the Murad OR both, but if you want more bang for your buck go with Murad) here
- Loreal Visible Lift foundation…flawless gorgeous coverage, photographs beautifully…gives a dewy glow (not recommended for oily skin in warmer climates)…I mentioned it was discontinued but I found it on Amazon YAY!!!!!! here
- Nars creamy concealer in “Custard” here and Mac Prep and prime highlighter here blended with damp beauty blender (You can use either but the Mac prep and prime gives more of a brightened, highlighted effect)
- Laura Mercier Translucent setting powder here
- Kat Von D Shade + Light contour palette here
- Kat Von D Tattoo liner in Trooper for eyes/face/nose details…you can also use any black eyeliner pencil
- MAC lip liner in “Beet” for bottom lip color
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Tamanna Palette on the eyes…Used Noir, Bengal and Chocolate…you can get these as single shadows from her line…or use any similar colors.
- Velour Lashes/Carli Bybel “Carlilash” here
- Lancome Hypnose Drama mascara on top and a bottom lashes here
- MAC eyeshadow in “Espresso” to fill in my brows
I hope you enjoyed this look and have a wonderful Halloween!!!! Be safe and have fun!