Happy October beautiful people!!!!
I actually couldn’t be happier that it’s October 😀 As I’m sure you all know by now, fall is my absolute faaaaaaaaavorite season! I never knew this until I moved to Vancouver. I remember visiting Vancity during the fall and being completely drawn to the trees, all the colors and leaves falling to the ground. I used to think hot, sunny, summer weather with no seasons was the best…but unfortunately you miss the beauty of seasons when you live in sunny Southern California! Fall quickly became a season I adored living in Vancouver and I look forward to it every year.
Each year, on a nice sunny fall day, I grab a Starbucks and take a long walk by myself. It’s a time where I can simply be present, take in the beauty of life, and of nature. It’s a time where I can be thankful that I am alive and well, while appreciating how far I have come and everything and everyone I have in my life. It’s so easy to forget all of this in the hustle and bustle of a busy life. I used to think that I was drawn to fall simply because of the colors and leaves but I found that there is a much deeper meaning behind my admiration for this special season.
Bear with me here as I give you my perspective 🙂 As I’m walking through the park, the leaves are falling over my head and while I am stepping on the many leaves that are on the ground… I can’t help but feel that this is a time of renewal and an end to the present year. I feel that each leaf that falls is a part of me that I’m leaving behind. We are constantly growing and changing each year and I feel that fall really symbolizes this. So whatever it may be that you’re leaving behind this year…negativity, old jobs, old friends, maybe things or ideas that haven’t worked out…whatever that has happened to change you as a person…simply picture the leaves falling and that you’re moving forward. A new year full of opportunity, happiness, experiences and excitement is headed our way friends!
NOW! On to the make-up of course! If you’ve made it this far, you rock! lol Here is a look I created last weekend 🙂
I mainly used browns and beige/golden shimmers for this look. Just want to let you guys know, if I mention a certain palette, it doesn’t mean you need to go out and buy it! If you have similar colors then you can use those! You can even use matte bronzers and shimmery highlighters as eyeshadows! Here’s a Tip! Wet your brush before dipping into any eyeshadow or highlighter to give a more vibrant and pigmented look!
- Ginzing eye cream and face moisturizer… here and here
- Dr Brandt Pore no more primer…instantly mattifies and shrinks pores here
- Loreal Visible Lift foundation…flawless gorgeous coverage, photographs beautifully here Unfortunately the one that I have has been discontinued (I stocked up on my last LA trip) but here is the alternative product they offer.
- Nars creamy concealer in “Custard” here and Mac Prep and prime highlighter here blended with damp beauty blender (You can use either but the Mac prep and prime gives more of a brightened, highlighted effect)
- Marcelle loose setting powder to set everything, gives a gorgeous, flawless smooth look here
- Anastasia Beverly Hills contour kit to contour hollow of cheek bones here
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Tamanna palette...Nude (or any beige color) all over from lid to brow bone, Bengal & Chocolate (any light and dark brown) in the crease here
- BHCosmetics/Carli Bybel pallete…light shimmery colors mixed on lid and golden highlighter on cheek bones, tip of nose, lips (will be back in stock soon!) here Some alternative highlighters I am obsessed with and that are just as beautiful are here and here
- Lancome Hypnose Drama mascara (My go to all time fave) here
- Velour Lashes/Carli Bybel “Carlilash” here
- Mac lip liner in “Stripped” and Anastasia Beverly Hills liquid lips in “Pure Hollywood” here
- Brows filled in with Mac eyeshadow in “Espresso”
I hope you all enjoyed this post and that you might look at fall in a different light (if you haven’t already 😉 Get out and ENJOY the beautiful day, be thankful for what you have and how far you have come. Be present…happiness isn’t controlled by anyone or anything…it’s within yourself ❤