I have been on a roll this week with makeup looks…YAY! I am definitely trying to keep these looks coming for you all, but sometimes it’s hard to think of ideas. It’s been pretty rainy in Vancouver and yesterday’s look was definitely inspired by the weather!!
I’ve been asked a few times about what “Strobing” is and it is basically just highlighting without the contour. This is the thing to do for fall and winter when your summer tan is fading. It’s perfect if you’re pale and don’t want to look too bronzed up but still glowy. You can apply a little bronzer if you wish but strobing will give you a light natural contour on it’s own. I personally add a bit of contour on myself as the rest of my body is naturally a yellowish/golden color.
It’s been a while since I have filmed a video and have been thinking about filming one on baking/strobing…what do you guys think?? :O) Here is the look I created yesterday
So basically, the super highlighter areas (cheek bones, bridge of nose, inner corner of eyes, under eyes, lips and chin) are what you would call “strobing” like a strobe ball lol
- Ginzing eye cream and face moisturizer…smells like oranges so yummy here and here
- Dr Brandt Pore no more primer…instantly mattifies and shrinks pores here
- Loreal Visible Lift foundation…flawless gorgeous coverage, photographs beautifully here Unfortunately the one that I have has been discontinued (I stocked up on my last LA trip) but here is the alternative product they offer.
- Nars creamy concealer in “Custard” here and Mac Prep and prime highlighter here blended with damp beauty blender (You can use either but the Mac prep and prime gives more of a brightened, highlighted effect)
- Marcelle loose setting powder to set everything, gives a gorgeous, flawless smooth look here
- Anastasia Beverly Hills contour kit to contour hollow of cheek bones here
- BHCosmetics/Carli Bybel pallete golden highlighter on cheek bones, tip of nose, lips (will be back in stock soon!) here Some alternative highlighters I am obsessed with and that are just as beautiful are here and here
- Eyeshadows are also from the Carli Bybel palette
- Cut Crease line made with Smashbox black gel liner but you can use any gel liner, black eyeliner or eyeshadow with an angled brush.
- Lancome Hypnose Drama mascara (My go to all time fave) here
- Velour Lashes/Carli Bybel “Carlilash” here
- Anastasia Beverly Hills lip gloss in “Undressed” over top highlighted lips here
I used the bottom middle two colors to highlight my face and the top two on the left for my eyeshadow lid colors.
Let me know if you have any questions, requests or anything at all and thanks for reading 🙂 hope you beauties have a lovely day!