This post is on one of my all time favorite concealers! The picture below is unedited and shows you just how bright the concealer makes my under eye area. If you go to the drugstore or any makeup store, you will see hundreds of different kinds of concealers which can be quite overwhelming. Trust me, I know this haha! BUT, the specific concealer I use is the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind concealer which targets dark circles, literally brightens the under eye area and pretty much ‘erases’ them as well as making me look like I’ve slept 12 hours! The product is also anti-aging and full of peptides and antioxidants to prevent wrinkles (who doesn’t love that added bonus?!). It has a sponge tip applicator, which makes for virtually a no brainer application. It is hands down my all time favourite concealer for every-day use and I highly recommend it, as it is only $7 at drugstores and on Amazon! How-To Details!
- Apply your foundation as you normally would or skip the foundation if you please.
- Choose the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer [$6-7] that is one to two shades lighter than your skin tone. I use the colour “Light” (If you have extreme dark circles, use the colour “Neutralizer” first then put whatever colour you are over top for added brightening and coverage)
- If I want a more full coverage look for evening or on certain days, I LOVE to use Maybelline’s Fit Me Concealer which is only $5 online and a hands down dupe for Nars Radiant Concealer!
- Place it on the under eye area in the shape of an upside-down triangle
- Pat the concealer in with a brush or damp beauty sponge so that it sinks into your skin…do not swipe from side to side as this will just take everything off
- Re-apply the concealer again the same way in the same spots and blend again until you reach desired coverage.
- Take a translucent setting powder and dust over the concealer with a fluffy brush and you’re done!!!
If you haven’t already checked out my quick youtube video then you can watch it here!
All of the links above are for products/brushes I use on a daily basis 🙂
Thanks so much for checking out my blog and I hope I have helped some of you readers out there! Please leave any requests in the comment box below! ❤ Xo, Sahar